Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to when Users visit our site, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a contact form, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on our Site.
Users may be asked for, as appropriate, their name and email address. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect only personal identification information from Users if they voluntarily submit it to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site-related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer, and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves exactly as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
GDPR visitor rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), if you are within the European Union, you have the following rights:
- Right to be informed: You have the right to be informed about collecting and using your personal data.
- Right of access: You have the right to access your personal data and receive a copy of it.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified or completed if it is incomplete.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances, such as when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or when you withdraw your consent.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as when you contest the accuracy of the data or when the processing is unlawful.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to transmit it to another controller.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as when the processing is based on legitimate interests or when it is for direct marketing purposes.
- Right not to be subject to automated decision-making: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please send us an email to: email@example.com. We will respond to your request within one month of receipt. Please note that we may require proof of your identity before we can respond to your request.
Your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA COMPLIANCE)
If you reside in California, you are entitled to additional rights under California law, and we ensure compliance with the CCPA. Here are your rights:
- You have the right to know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed to third parties.
- You have the right to say no to the sale of your personal information.
- You also have the right to access your personal information, which we will provide within 30 days of such a request.
- You have the right to have your personal information deleted.
- You have the right to equal service, price, and no discrimination.
- You have the right to data portability and the right to request your personal information and use it for your own purposes.
Pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light Act,” you are permitted to request information about the manner in which we share certain categories of information with third parties for their marketing use.
We do not disclose your personal information to our affiliates or other related third parties, such as service providers or vendors, for their use in marketing to you.
Please be advised we DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION to third parties and have never sold your personal information. We do not intend to sell your personal information in the future either.
Under the CCPA, you still have the right to opt out of such sales and send us a “do not sell my information” request. If you would like to exercise any of your rights under California law, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by sending us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you, as the person registered with the California Secretary of State, can make such verifiable consumer requests related to your personal information or someone you authorize to act on your behalf.
Your verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us to verify that you are the person you are claiming to be or that you are the authorized representative of such person about whom we had collected personal information.
You must describe your request with enough details, such as your first and last name, address, and your country, that allow us to understand the request and respond to it properly. Please note we cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information unless we first verify your identity or authority to make such a request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. We will make all attempts to respond to your request within 30 days of receipt.
How we use collected information
DMotus may collect and use Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To personalize user experience
- To improve our Site
- To send periodic emails
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your name, email address, and data stored on our website.
Who do we share your data with
We do not share your personal information with third parties. We may use your name and email address to respond to your inquiries or to send you occasional updates and promotions related to our website. However, we will not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
How long we retain your data
We retain the name and email address that you provide through our contact form for as long as it is necessary to respond to your inquiry or to send you updates and promotions related to our website. If you would like us to remove your personal information from our records, please send us an email to email@example.com, and we will promptly delete it.
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
We are a participant in the affiliate advertising programs of Tesery, Hansshow, Amazon, and Enthusiast Auto Holdings, which are designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to their products or services. As part of these programs, we may receive compensation for promoting, reviewing, or recommending their products or services on our website.
Please note that we only promote products or services that we believe will be of value to our readers and that we have personally researched, used, or reviewed (learn more about our editorial standards). However, we cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of the information provided on our website, and we encourage you to do your own research before making a purchase.
To comply with the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) guidelines on endorsements and testimonials, we disclose that we receive compensation for promoting, reviewing, or recommending certain products or services on our website. This disclosure statement is in accordance with the FTC’s endorsement and testimonial guidelines, which require that we disclose any material connections we have with the companies whose products or services we promote. Read the affiliate links disclaimer.